1923, July 29: The Viticulture Experimental Station was established in Conegliano. Prof. Michele Giunti, already director of the Viticulture and Enology School, was appointed director of the Station. Shortly thereafter, Prof. Giovanni Dalmasso succeeded Prof. Giunti. The station consisted of three sections: Viticulture (Director: Prof Giovanni Dalmasso), Viticultural-oenological chemistry (Director: Prof. Michele Giunti), Viticultural physiology and pathology (Director: Prof. Luigi Manzoni).
1924: the first Annual Almanac of the Station Activities was published.
1929: the Royal legislative decree n.226 established the Royal Experimental Station of Viticulture and Oenology, with its own director and legacy.
1933: it started the activity as frauds assessor in the preparation and marketing of agronomic products and substances aimed to agricultural use in the areas of Treviso, Padova, Vicenza and Verona.
1940: Giovanni Dalmasso resigned, to become the director of the Institute of Pomology at Torino University.
1940-1946: after the vacancy following the resignation of Giovanni Dalmasso, Italo Cosmo succeeded him, as appointee to the direction.
1951: the Ampelographic Collections were created in Susegana (TV).
1965: an experimental estate was established in Spresiano.
1967: D.P.R. 1318: the Experimental Station was converted into Experimental Institute for Viticulture of Conegliano (ISV), including 4 Central Sections (Ampelography and breeding, Biology and Crop protection, Propagation, Cultural Practices) and 3 branches (Asti, Turi and Arezzo).
1969-: ISV started to discipline and control the propagation of grapevine materials (D.P.R. 1164).
1970: the collection of national grapevine germoplasm started in the new experimental estate in Tormancina (Rome).
1975: Antonio Calò became the Director of ISV.
1986: the Fraud Assessor Service became an autonomous department.
1995: the Ampelography and breeding section was completed in Susegana.
1999: The Agricultural Research Council (CRA) has been established as national research council concerning general scientific knowledges on agricultural, agroindustrial, fisheries and forestry areas. CRA consists in insitutes all around the territory (Legislative Decree 29TH October 1999), joining all the old experimental insitutes (IRSA).
2004: ISV turned into Viticulture Research Center and joined the Department of Transformation and valorization of Agro-Industrial Products.
2007: Angelo Costacurta became director.
2008: Michele Borgo was apponted as director.
2010: Luigi Bavaresco became director.
2008: Fabio Castelli was apponted as director.